KES Robotics Club Information
Application: ROBOTICS CLUB APPLICATION
Cost: FREE. Donations of supplies and healthy snacks are appreciated.
Who: Students from 3rd to 5th Grade.
What: KES Robotics Club is a fun-oriented club that interactively teaches kids Engineering and Robotic Design principles. Students will learn how to build, program, play, test and compete with their team’s designed robot.
When: We will typically meet 2 days a week with 2 to 3 hours per day. More meeting(s) may be required to prepare for competition.
Where: Kealakehe Elementary School (subject to change)
Why: The program will build STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) skills that inspire innovation and foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence.
How: A team of 3 or more students will design, build, and program their robot to meet the challenge. Students will learn to collaborate with mentors who will provide guidance as needed.
Check out the recent projects done by the students.
Robotics Teams won State Championship Builder Award SY19-20!!!
Meet our robots
The KES Robotics Club seeks to provide an environment where students can learn creative problem solving and teamwork using STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math) methods centered around developing and programming robots. The intent is to do this in a way that is fun for the students and helps to pave the way for future STEM opportunities.
Back to top
The KES Robotics Club understands that STEM is a very important feature of our society that can provide good career possibilities for those with a genuine interest. To expose students to robotics in a fun and nurturing environment provides a way to help students realize how they might enjoy pursuing technology related opportunities in their future endeavors.
Back to top
KES Robotics Club General Rules
- You must remain with the club members for the entire duration of the meeting. If you need to leave the room, you must get permission from a teacher or mentor.
- Computers will be used for robotics use only. You may not play games.
- There will be no horseplay or inappropriate behavior while at robotics.
- Food and drinks are not allowed during the instructional period.
- If you cannot find a job to do, watch others and learn from what they are doing, or ask a teacher or mentor for a job.
- Do not handle parts unless instructed to do so.
- Members are expected to respect one another. If you have a problem with another team member talk to a teacher or mentor.
- Put away tools and clean up your area after you are done working.
- Students are responsible for cleaning up all projects prior to the end of the meeting.
- Two or more unexcused absences are grounds for termination of the club membership.
- Regular and on-time attendance is require.